Posts tagged top 10
My predictions for the #TopTenRappersMTV Top 5: J. Cole, Nicki Minaj, WTT (can Jay/Kanye count as one?), Bad Meets Evil and Drizzy (obvs).
— Lauren O’Nizzle (@laurenonizzle) December 27, 2011
I AM A GOLDEN GOD OF POPULAR MUSIC KNOWLEDGE! I AM A PSAVVY PSYCHIC PSUE! I WATCH A LOT OF MUSIC TELEVISION AND THUS CAN MAKE GENERALIZED PREDICTIONS THAT SOMETIMES RING PERFECT!
Almost perfect, anyway. Bad Meets Evil IS Eminem, and they mentioned Royce Da 5’9″ in his segment quite a bit, attributing Bad Meets Evil as the reason for Marshall’s stellar year. So there. I count this is a flawless victory (save for the order).
Let me have it.
Now, something for you dear reader! A roundup of my ten favourite “Top 10″ Lists from the annual flurry of “Omg it’s the end of the year and everybody’s going on vacation so let’s make a whole bunch of roundup lists and drive traffic back to high performing articles from 2011 FACHHHKKKYEAHHHHH we’re brilliant!” articles. Lists click well, don’t cha know. Lists and gifs and scandalous shiss.
Laurenoutloud.com’s Top 10 Top 10 Lists of 2011
10. Smosh’s 10 Best Random Internet Celebrities of 2011: All of the love to Shironeko and this corny dancing white betch:
9. The Top Ten Moments Comedians Made Us Think in 2011 by Splitsider: It’s safe to say I have the hugest blogcrush on Splitsider. This is a great roundup.
8. The Top Ten Cover Songs of 2011: Karmin, undoubtedly, wins this category forever and ever in my heart with “Look At Me Now”. I WANT TO BE THIS CHICK:
7. The Ten Best Animal Videos of 2011, by Urlesque: So good. Don’t watch blind kitten though, unless you don’t feel like crying. I kind of do so…
6. 2011′s Top Ten Sex & Tech Headlines by ZDnet: Porn apps and rape pages. LEGGO!
5. The 10 Funniest Gif Trends of 2011 by Mashable: A great roundup, but I must declare that Paula Deen takes the cake. Or the ham, rather… IN HER FACE! bwahahaha…
4. Gawker’s List of the Year End Listicles They Didn’t Get Around To Writing: Makes a rather entertaining and appropriately reflective list in and of itself. I think that was the point.
3. The Top Ten Internet Memes of 2011, by Know Your Meme: KYM is one of the only authoritative sources on this matter, in my opinion (Urlesque and Buzzfeed being the others). There were a lot of “Top Web Meme” roundups this year, but few can compare to this. Thanks though, CBS, for the low down on planking. Those crazy kids and their iApples! What will they get up to next?
2. Bite.ca’s 10 Overused Catchphrases That Defined 2011: A damn near perfect list. Bite makes Canada look great and for this (plus the endless hours of entertainment), I love them. Let’s put an end to the word “Epic”, once and for all folks. Kray can stay though. I loh’ that word right now.
1. Hipster Runoff’s Top 10 of 2011: A must read. This year’s most important list, by far.
Bonus: All of Buzzfeed’s “Best of 11″ Category. Seriously. The whole dang thing. Cats, dogs, videos, gifs, memes, games, schtoopic celebrities… top notch, as always.
Happy New Year’s Eve, homies. I love you always.