Posts tagged blackberry
How smartphone users see each other:
(via c-section comics)
Put that blonde ponytail on the “typical iPhone user” (and give her Android boy’s pizza while you’re at it, just to be nice) and I’d say that this a pretty accurate representation. At least from one current iPhone owner / former Crackberry addict’s standpoint.
I’d like to see the artist release a redux that includes how smartphone users see stupidphone users. It would be totally easy! He can just attach this photo onto the end…
heh heh heh.
It’s Remembrance Day today in Canada (and Australia!) – though you wouldn’t know it from walking around downtown Toronto by the shameful lack of poppies on lapels.
It it bigoted to say that people living in Canada, regardless of where they were born, should follow important Canadian customs and traditions? I mean, this isn’t even about religion… it’s about respect.
Sad that not more people are rocking poppies… sadder still that I’m not even surprised one bit. I’ll leave it there.
Maybe you all just lost your poppies. That’s okay- I used to do it to. Here are some tips to help you keep the damn thing on your coat!
It’s time for your oh-so-sporadic (yet aspiringly regular!) morning dose of WHAT’S GOOD.
The trendy, the hot, the offbeat, the hilar.
Always decamerous, never didascalic <- a little bit pretentious ~ a lotta bit AWESOME ->
1. The Vienna Vegetable Orchestra: They turn VEGETABLES into MUSIC with their MAD CARVING SKILLZ – just like I turn INNOCENT PICTURES into FILTHY PRONO with my SICK TWISTED SKULL GUNK!
Oh who are we kidding? There is not a darn thing innocent about that picture – unless you’re like, all pure of heart and untainted or something… Dweeb.
2. Dutch World cup t-shirts : Now, I’m no futbal fan per se (I was scarred by a way-too-rowdy-to-be-cool crowd of soccer fans in Italy. And Ireland. And France. Euros take this shiz way too seriously) but I do dig these shirts all the way to Hong Kong and beyond. Imagine how much fun you could have spooking people out…
I think I’m going to make myself a Dick Cheney version. That would be spooky.
3. THE ONION FACE:
It’s a freaking FACE. In an ONION!!! *logs onto ebay*
4. The Grandpa bandit: I don’t know why I think this is so great. It’s not great. Some old dude is robbing banks all up over the United States… but when I read about the “Grandpa Bandit” at 5:00 a.m. this morning at work while I was cruising the wires for breaking news and stuff, I lost it.
Sleep induced grandpa-lovin’ hysteria. Happens to the best of us.
I’d rock these in a heartbeat, obvs.
6. Ghostbusters Proton Backpack: This one, I wouldn’t rock. Not feminine enough for my tastes (you know how I like my backpacks classy) but I can appreciate how cool it is and possibly buy one for my
life sized Dan Aykroyd action figure uh… brother.
7. Conan O’Brien. Stephen Colbert. Jon Stewart.
8. The “BP Public Relations” Tweetstream – a fake Twitter account for BP Global (you know, the company responsible for that little oil sitch in the gulf right meow…). Some seriously hilarious Tweets coming from this account:
9. It’s a blackberry! It’s a cake! It’s a BLACKBERRY CAKE!!! (and 11 other awesome geeky cakes, if you follow that link):
NES Cake = also mange-worthy.
10. Nothing like finishing off the morning awesome with a little bit of Cat-i-tude:
As you (should) know, Google finally released its highly anticipated new smartphone today – THE NEXUS ONE, RAHHH!!!
This insanely powerful little sweetheart has as much RAM (512 MB) as my laptop did before SDubz upgraded me for Xmas. Yet, unlike my chunky D-E-double-hockey-sticks GARBAGEMACHINE (which, at the tender age of three is considered both elderly AND obese), the Nexus weighs a mere 130 grams and is about as slim as a standard #2 pencil.
Beat THAT, Rachel Zoe.
*shudders and eats a poutine cupcake*
Anyways, my new fantasy gadget is manufactured by HTC and runs the Android mobile operating system – which just so happens to rock the cutest logo in the history of smartphones. I guess that doesn’t really say a lot, as smartphones don’t really have a super long history… but the logo is cute as fahk – how ‘boot I just say that?
Not gunna lie – I want this phone. I love my BB, sure, but I’m a bit of a Google fanboy – fanGIRL, rather – fan person, perhaps? Anyways, with it’s 5MB auto-focus camera, light & proximity sensors, native gmail application, GPS w/ voice directions, 512 Megs of internal Flash storage and 1Ghz Qualcomm 8250 processor (I don’t even know what that last part MEANS but it sounds badass), the Nexus One makes my BB Curve look like an overweight retarded chick wearing pink sweatpants.
And wtf is this supposed to be? Really – I want to know! Aside from their logo fail and MULTIPLE service outages over the holidays, I’m still pretty happy with my baby… sheeet, I don’t have much of a choice, do I?
It’s not like we can even get the damn thing up here in the great white North anyways. Yes, much like Hulu, Pandora, Fage and firearms at the grocery store, Google’s superphone is not available in Canada. Furthermore, it starts at $529.00USD (sans plan) so I wouldn’t be able to afford it anyways. Bah Humbug
If you’re interested, you can go check out all the nexus
porn pics, deets and developments for yourself via mashable.
I’m outskis – the newsroom’s starting to get buzzy again… finally. Slow day for news = Nizzle ‘researching’ potential stories = boring.
As one of my professors once said, news doesn’t happen in the newsroom – it happens out there in the big exciting city of London (heh heh heh…) I want to research at the mall – at the drugstore – at the muthafuggin’ corner of Dundas and Richmond! I bet there are tons of stories there. I hate to sit still.
I really, really do.