Christmas Giveaway: Win an HTC One X Smartphone from TELUS!
Look what you’ve done to ‘em!
Christmas is now exactly one week away, my homies. Have you started shopping for presents yet?
Neither have I.
But fret not! Laurenoutloud’s annual BIG CHRISTMAS SMARTPHONE GIVEAWAY is here to save the daaaaay (like, for one person, who won’t be announced until Dec. 25th, so you should probably go and buy one of those Hickory Farms meat log and cheese log things for your grandpa anyway.)
BEHOLD: The lovely HTC One X smartphone, available in Canada on the TELUS Network (hence the adorable baby cheetah image I found on their Facebook page.)
This is a dope phone, guys: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS, Super fast 4G LTE capabilities, a 4.7-inch HD display with a Gorilla Glass screen, 1080p video and still photos, integrated Beats™ audio for smoooooth listening… You can learn more about its features and specs here.
As for why I’m giving one away on my blog, MORE CHEETAH!!!
Earlier this season TELUS became the first Canadian carrier to eliminate activation fees — more specifically their $35 activation fee for new customers and $25 equipment exchange fee for renewing customers who purchase new devices. It’s all part of their “ongoing efforts to make the customer experience clear, simple and easy.”
To spread the news about this and some of the other ways TELUS is listening to customers, my telec’homies have given me this smartphone to give away.
All you’ve got to do to win it is…
As in canned goods. Non-perishable food items of any kind that you intend to donate to a food bank qualify, actually. If you could have used it to get into one of those “5 bucks of 2 canned goods for entry” holiday dances in high school (other people had those too, right?) you can use it to get into this contest.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Locate a food bank or food donation drop box near you. Most major grocery stores and office buildings have food drives going all month!
2. Take a canned good (or 50, whatever) to said food drive box.
3. Take a picture of yourself donating the can / holding the can you’re about to donate / the box you’re putting the can into. You get my drift. Take a photo as “proof” — I’ll trust that it’s legit because if you fake it, you’re likely too cheap to shell out for a smartphone plan anyway.
4. Upload your photo to a publicly viewable URL online. Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Imgur or your own domain all work just fine!
5. Paste your link, along with your name and email in the comment section of this post.
Out of all entries recieved, a computer will choose the winner randomly (legally, I’m told this is the safest way to run a blog contest) and I’ll be contacting you ON CHRISTMAS DAY, Just like Santa Claws.
Ooh – and heads up, you can also order TELUS’s 2013 adorable baby animal calendar right now, foh free. I got mine in the mail yesterday and pretty much lost it over the goats on the cover. Baby animals can’t be beat. They just can’t. I chose TELUS as my wireless provider when I was 16 based on the piglets alone and never looked back.
P.S. THIS KID:
Wu Tang Girl ain’t nothin ta.