Lauren O’Nizzle = Your MMVA BFF
C’est vrai, madames et monsieurs!
Yours truly has been asked to join MuchMusic‘s digital correspondent team for the period up to and including the 2010 MuchMusic Video Awards. Yup. I’m an ‘MMVA VVIP‘ – and it’s blowing my gourd beyond words.
If I knew what the physical embodiment of “pure, unbridled excitement” was, I’d photoshop a picture of my head onto its body right now.
You know what? I’m just going to get creative hurr and take a stab at it anyways:
Seems about right.
So, I’m obviously more than a little bit stoked about this – and with good reason. If you’ve ever met me, you know how OBSESSED I am with Canadian entertainment, pop culture, music, celebrities, award shows and the pretty outfits that said celebrities wear to said award shows.
To be one of only 6 Canadian bloggers with the exclusive privilege of bringing fans all the MMVA deets they can handle is just, well… like I said earlier – straight up gourd blowing.
Okay, so blah blah blah… you probably want to know what all of this biznass means for YOU, right?
Welllll if you just so happen to be a frequent visitor of laurenoutloud.com, a friend of mine on facebook, a follower on Twitter, a subscriber to my youtube channel, or even just some random who happens to stumble upon one of my video chats or something, it means that you’ll be getting a sneak peak at all things MMVA 2010.
Your girl will be bringing you all of the MuchMusicity deets before your friends can read about them in the newspaper or on TV (Unless of course your friends read my blog too… in which case you’ll just be able to discuss the deliciousness before the rest of the population together. HA!)
I’m talkin’ scoop from the scene, nominee updates, tips for scoring yourself a wrist-band to get into the show and, most importantly, up-to-the minute performer announcements straight from the Horse’s mouth! (Horse = MMVA producers… you know what I mean.)
And speaking of CELEBRITAWESOMENESS, in case you haven’t been keeping up with the MMVA blog (for shaaaame), the following performers have already been confirmed:
- Justin Bieber (He of the magical super-coif, trillions of perma-screaming tween fans, and a brand-new tatty. Southern Ontario, represent!)
- Katy Perry (eeee! I’m most excited about this one. As you may recall, I’m a bit of a Mrs. Brand superfan)
- Miley Cyrus (hostess with the mostess / queen of my Saturday morning television line-up)
- Adam Lambert (fingers crossed that the notoriously scandalous Mr. Lambert will do something totally outrageous at this year’s MMVAs. I have a good feeling about this If you can’t push the envelope in Canada, then where?)
- Ke$ha (Good feeling about this one too. I mean, homegirl has thrown up in Paris Hilton’s closet and once snuck into Prince’s house. I predict she’ll put on an entertaining performance, at the very least.)
- Marianas Trench (The Vancouver boys have walked the MMVA red carpet in previous years rocking a giant submarine sandwich and an entire freaking marching band. Can they outdo themselves in 2010? We shall see…)
- Down with Webster (k, scratch my previous comment about being most excited for Katy Perry. I’m actually more excited about seeing these guys. I’m a huge fan – and not just because they’re hot and from Toronto. I just love their style. You can find me blaring DWW out the windows of my car on the regular.)
More, you say? MOARRRRR?
How’s this for an inside look at the 2010 MMVAs:
Two of the 6 VVIPS (TBA) will be bringing you backstage interviews with performers and celebs over the course of the night.
All of the tweets, pics, blogposts, tumbls, and vids will broadcast on MuchMusic.com in real-time digital stream – and some of it will even be featured within the Live TV broadcast.
Nbd. *gourd blows*
There will be about a gabillion cool MMVA-related things taking place over the next month, so stay tuned aight?
Wanna pick my brain, tell me your winner predictions or just shoot the shizz with me about much you love the Biebs? (I just had a 20 minute conversation with my brother and his friend about Justin’s hair and tattoo. Yes, we’re all in our 20′s and no, sadly, I am not making this up for comedic effect.)
The first of these livechats will take place Next Sunday, May the 30th right hurr at 9:00pm.
I may or may not be joined by a special guest (or two).
Now, I must off into the sunshine go… for it is a beautiful day out there and I’ll be darned if I’m going to waste it cruising the internet indoors. I can cruise the internet on my phone instead while I walk around and work on my tan.
Now watch this sick MMVA promo with Miley & a bunch of sweet colourful tubey things, and then go outside and play a little bit, k?
Use those legs to keep ‘em limber, I always say…